Well I just had one of the most productive weekends in a LONG time! I seriously kicked some major ass in that department. I think part of me is trying to eliminate every distraction possible for this video project I’ve been avoiding doing lately. I never know when procrastination will kick in, but it did for this project.
Let’s see, in brief I got the car washed, stocked up on some groceries, bought some new headphones so they won’t slip out of my ears when I run, cleaned, organized my bathroom closet (Sept goal-check!), swapped out my old cable box for a DVR cable box, cleaned up the backyard, including destroying and clearing out my neighbor’s horrible out of control squash plant, listed a bunch of stuff on Craigslist, searched for jobs, apartment hunted, and much much more!
And now finally sitting down to write the week in review! So here we go!
1. TCS called me on Thurs. and told me the truck broke down so I didn’t have to come in at the crack of dawn on Friday…or work at all for that matter. 🙂
2. Went to yoga Friday morning instead, and when I walked in there was a bunch of seriously HOT men all standing around. Whu???? They were members of the LA Kings hockey team. The number of dudes in that yoga class outnumbered the women there 4-1. They were all shirtless so I pretty much stared at their ripple-y muscles in downward dog. Namaste!
3. Got paid for both my part time jobs Friday!
4. Today got an email from my friend and author Lisa Steadman, who invited me to attend a workshop/conference for free that she puts on every year. Well, not exactly free. I paid for it last year and couldn’t make it, so she emailed me out of the blue and said I could just go this year instead. Awesome except one thing; it’s a two-day event, and the haunted house I worked at the last two years is on that Sat, and that is a paying gig (around $200-$300). But this event would be GREAT for networking. Anyway, hope they both work out somehow.
5. Seriously looking forward to Fall TV, especially now that I have my DVR working again. Looking forward to new shows Go On, The Mindy Project, Revolution, and Nashville (because I have a huge girl crush on Connie Britton after being hopelessly addicted to Friday Night Lights this summer). Also looking forward to the return of Smash, Once Upon a Time, Glee, Up All Night, Heart of Dixie, The Vampire Diaries, and The Biggest Loser whenever that comes back on. I know Smash is returning for a second season, but didn’t see it in the Fall lineup. hmmm.
Yes I watch a lot of TV, but most of it I record and that is my main source of cheap entertainment on the weekends. And a lot of these new shows might drop off my radar after watching a couple of episodes.
6. I know I really shouldn’t have, but I’ve been resisting for weeks and finally purchased this adorable running tank top from Athleta. I chose the purple! At least I really thought about the decision before making an impulse buy.
7. Booked another job, but not quite sure the details of when it starts, or how much the budget is.
8. Made $16 on a easy taskrabbit job, which was to drive some people to LAX airport. I live next door to the airport, and they live just on the other side of it, so it was fast and easy.
The Not So Good
1. I was supposed to play in a tournament today, but I’ve been having problems with my rotator cuff on my right arm. It’s been there for some time, but really starting to feel it now. Not sure how to heal it. I might do a tournament on the 22nd when my dad and stepmom are in town. Hopefully it will be better by then, and I can check off that goal in Sept. as well.
2. Procrastinating on one of my video projects. It’s low-budget, but I dont’ get paid until it’s done!
3. Still not sure when my big budget project is supposed to start. Sigh…
4. Was supposed to go look at a shared roommate situation on Sat, but the girl changed her mind about me before she even met me. Looked at another apt., this time a one-bedroom for $925, but it didn’t come with a fridge or stove, covered no utilities, and was in a crappy area. Welcome to LA! I think there must be something deep down inside me which really does not want to move. I came back home and just felt an overwhelming sense of relief about the awesome location I’m in. What to do…what to do…
5. Had some good runs and yoga in last week, but still don’t feel I’m up to my old standard of training. But I know it has a lot to do with all the work hours. Just trying to get that all sorted out.
6. It’s been F*&$ing HOT in LA. Not having air conditioning is quite common on the Westside of LA, so I’ve been a little bit of a cranky pants at home. I swear I shower twice a day and change my clothes ten times!
7. Felt a little sad seeing all the tweets about FinCon. I tried to stay off twitter. Definitely felt a bit left out.
That’s about all! I hope by next week I can report that my one project is over, and newer, bigger projects are starting. Fingers crossed.
Have a great week!