Well I made it to 42. Whew! Gets harder and harder every year. 🙂
I decided not to do anything formal this year, instead it seemed my “celebration” was sort of spread out all weekend, which is actually kind of nice.
Friday I had lunch with the guy I had a crush on several months ago. I haven’t seen him since the time we went running together in July, where he told me the next day all about a girl he was infatuated with. Anyway, it was just a friendly lunch.
Friday night my friend D took me out to dinner, where I stuffed my face with Italian food. So good!
Saturday I worked out in the morning, then had a massage, but a more specific massage targeting my sore right shoulder. So it wasn’t the relaxing (spa experience) type massage. It helped, but I think it might take one or two more sessions (fingers crossed!).
Then I went to The Grove with a friend and bought a cute skirt from Athleta, and picked out a shirt (purple) that my producer is buying for me online! Yes, it’s the same one I bought and returned last time.
Later I had dinner with a friend of mine, then went to see the movie Looper, which is really good!
Today I jumped in a volleyball class, which probably wasn’t smart since I could feel my shoulder bothering me again. 🙁
After that I did a task rabbit assignment, where I helped this women hang Halloween decorations for two hours for $30.
Later I’m having a drink with another friend and going to see the movie Argo. Oh, and I have three friends who chipped in for another spa session (yay!!). Overall a chill and fun birthday weekend!
Other than that, here is a recap of the good and not so good things of this past week:
1. Finished my last shift at TCS. Whooooohooooooooo!!! Beyond happy to be done!
2. Made a lot of progress on a video project I’m working on about low income housing.
3. Put back the rest of the money I took out in August from my emergency fund. Let’s hope it stays there and I can GROW my EF.
4. Had a fun weekend!
5. Jobs coming in still seems to be steady. Again with the fingers crossed!
6. Had fun bowling my first night on the league. Bowled a 136 then a 90. Lol! So I’m not very consistent.
7. The Vampire Diaries premiered this week. Love that show. And watched the series premier of Arrow. The lead actor is yummy, and the show is pretty cool. I’m kind of getting hooked on The X Factor as well (except it seems like one annoying big commercial for Pepsi)
The Not So Good
1. I’m missing volleyball so much with this stupid hurt shoulder. I don’t know how long it will take to heal. 🙁
2. I’m still eating too much. I know this is kind of personal stuff, but I went off the pill a couple of months ago (sorry guys!), and my appetite is just off the freakin charts. I’m not sure what to do about it. OK so this weekend was kind of all my doing. I went out to eat WAY more than I normally would. But still I need to figure out a way to get around the hunger feeling.
3. I’m 42. OMG when did that happen???
Well I’ll leave it at that. 🙂
This week should be another pretty busy one, especially toward the end of the week when on Thursday I have rehearsal for the Beverly Hills haunted house party with this guy, then on Friday the real rehearsal, Saturday the party, and Sunday an empowerment type conference, which I’m sad is happening the same day as a local PF blog meetup. 🙁
Hope you all have a great weekend!
-Signed, Old Lady