Happy New Year!!! As you can see my site looks totally different. That wasn’t necessarily in the plan, but with Hostgator going down yesterday, and then all of a sudden things went completely haywire on my site, Andrea from Nuts and Bolts Media stepped in and rescued me.
On Monday I did a post on my 2013 Year in Review! Overall it was a great year, but now I want to look ahead with what I’d like to accomplish in 2014!
I mentioned on Monday how I made 25k more this past year than in 2012. Because I’m a freelancer, I usually take an average of what I made per month in the previous year, and that becomes my new monthly projected income. That would mean in theory that I could give myself an almost $1700 raise per month. But I decided to only give myself a $636 raise. Why? Because it keeps me in line! And even though this year was way better than last, you never know what to expect as a freelancer.
Now you may be thinking, why give yourself a raise at all then? Great question! But 98% of that “raise” was only allocated to various savings buckets, and an increase to what I think I should deduct each month for taxes. That amount may have to vary, by the way, after I get my estimated tax calculations from my accountant in April. The only other raise was to my health insurance account, which is going up $66/month starting in January. Boooo!
Based on all of that, here are my goals for 2014!
- Max out my Roth IRA.
- Get my emergency fund to 10k (Ideally I would like to get this to 15k).
- Save $200/month for vacations.
- Get my car fund to $4125.
- Make at least $20k in side income.
- Make 100k or more this year (hey, why not!).
- Attend Fincon14.
- Host at least two giveaways on Budget and the Beach.
- Host at least two giveaways on Healthy, Fit, and Frugal.
- Continue to grow Healthy, Fit, and Frugal and start earning money from that blog.
- Utilize affiliates more on both blogs.
- Create a video e-course on Budget and the Beach (the BIG project!).
- Create one BATB TV segment per month (even if it’s only a vlog).
- Continue to search for more paid writing opportunities. I actually already have a big writing contract in 2014 which I’ll announce soon!
- Reach 3k followers on Twitter, and 1k followers on Facebook.
- Travel internationally at least once (already have a trip planned to Iceland in March, which will also include a short stay in Denver before and after the trip).
- Plan at least two domestic trips (one will be Fincon14 in New Orleans). The other might be another couple of weeks in Detroit, but I’m exploring the idea of housesitting, preferably in Austin, Bolder, or Portland.
- Rehab my left shoulder, which means sticking to daily exercises.
- Complete a 1/2 marathon (scheduled on February 2nd), which Anna from Are Ya Gonna Eat That is doing as well!
- Sign up for an obstacle course run.
- Continued daily meditation.
- Buy a ukulele and learn how to play.
Image courtesy of satit_srihin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- One Black Friday Deal I Endorse! - November 28, 2014
- BATB TV: The New BFF & Wingman Cards from Capital One - November 26, 2014
- Health & Wealth Challenge-Week Three - November 24, 2014