After last week’s fresh start of the new year and all the posts about goals, dreams, visions, etc., I find myself this week with sort of a problem: writers block mixed with a lack of time. That’s OK, it happens to the best of us…right? RIGHT?! 🙂
I actually do have a post waiting in the wings, but wanted to save it until Monday, because I’ll be gone most of Sunday morning and afternoon taking part in a mountain 6k race near Thousand Oaks, California. And in the evening I hope to be chillin’ on the couch watching The Golden Globes. Yay awards season! It’s my “football season,” if you will.
Instead I’ll just provide you with a few ramblings:
1. What are you watching on TV these days? For me I’m watching a few old favorites like Chicago Fire, Nashville, and The Biggest Loser, while enjoying a few new shows added to the roster this year: The Blacklist, Reign (gotta have at least one teen-ish drama), and Agents of Shield (LOVE this show). I dropped The Vampire Diaries this year because I just couldn’t take it anymore. A few of you know what I’m talking about (Hi Mackenzie!) 🙂 I’m also in love with Scandal, but since I got started late catching up with seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix, I missed the first few episodes of this season on Hulu, so now I have to wait. 🙁 #FWP. I’m also excited the Downton Abbey is back on!
I also watched the show Revenge over the holidays, since they shoot that show on my street quite often. It’s decent but the green screen effect of Emily sillouetted against the “east coast” sunset is pretty bad. Actually I recognize most of the locations they shoot (Marina del Rey, Manhattan Beach), so it kind of takes me out of the moment, but there is this seriously hot British guy named Barry Sloan on season 2…I don’t know. Maybe it’s just me…but he has a very Bond-eque qualities that I think are dreamy.
So as you can see, Netflix and Hulu are well worth the expense in my world.
2. One of my goals this year was to start working on my left shoulder, which has been in pain for nearly a year. I’ve been to two ART (active release therapy) sessions and my arm feels pretty beat up. I hope it will help.
3. How does everyone feel about watching the Olympics in February? I don’t get very political on here, but it still irks me (that’s putting it mildly) that being gay is a crime there. Part of me wants to boycott watching the Olympics, and part of me LOVES watching. What are your thoughts?
4. Another one of my goals this year is to buy and learn to play the ukulele. Since a couple of you weren’t quite sure what that is, I posted a video of my first “lesson.” It was more of an impromptu thing after I did my long run last Saturday with my friend Amy, who has two ukuleles. I have to say, I may be hooked. The only issue is I don’t want to buy one if I don’t find the time to be committed to practicing. I just don’t want it to sit in the corner. Enjoy this 32 second concert! 🙂
And now for a little Link Love!
Kali from Common Sense Millennial talks about something that is a heated argument in the freelance world: Lacking Experience? Do Some Work for Free. I also wanted to take this moment to give a huge shout out to Kali who has been helping me with some VA work on my site, as well as a few other projects. She’s been awesome to work with and is super speedy with her work! I can’t say enough good things, so hire her if you get the chance!
Brian from Luke1428 writes about Some Unforeseen but Realistic Drawbacks to Chasing Your Dream.
DB40 from Done By Forty reminds us to keep things in perspective when we think we have it bad: What’s it Like in America?
Kim from Eyes on the Dollar talks about another subject which gets me pretty heated, and I don’t even have kids: Should You Support a Lazy Kid?
Congrats to Melanie from Dear Debt on 1 year of blogging!
Kathleen from Frugal Portland tells us How to Save Half Your Income. I’d like to get to 10% this year! OK I’ll aim for 20%. 🙂
Anna from Are Ya Gonna Eat That writes a really funny post about her normal training routine: Confessions of a Somewhat-Procastinating Early Bird with a Love-Hate Fitness Relationship, which was an answer to Jefferson at See Debt Run and Primal Weight Loss’s post: A Typical Run.
Brendan from Fit is the New Poor gets deeper into the unemployment and underemployment subject: Underemployment: Big Issue or Just Ego?
Holly from Club Thrifty gives some great advice to freelance wannabes: Quit Your Job: How to Know When it’s Time.
What are you all up to this weekend? Anyone else a fan of the Golden Globes? What are your thoughts on the Olympics?
Latest posts by Tonya (see all)
- Is Fear the Ultimate Motivator? - September 13, 2016
- August Review - September 4, 2016
- Many Americans Are Simply Not Prepared for Retirement - September 3, 2016