Hey hey! Welcome to my first video for this site in forEVAH! One of my goals for July 2017 (in case you’re reading this from the future), is to produce a video a week for the month…then, we’ll see what happens. 🙂
I forgot how looooong it takes to make videos, even when they are fairly simple videos.
I got the idea to do an apartment tour because I’m slightly addicted to watching other apartment/home tours on Youtube. Even though I did sort of a tour with my Fribs video, a lot has changed in my place, and in this one I get a bit more granular (in case you’re into that sort of thing). Enjoy! Or not. Completely up to you. 🙂
So the basic deets of my place:
- Where is the apartment located: LA (in the South Bay area)
- How much I pay/month: $1,450
- Years lived here: 9
- Utilities I pay: Electric. About $30/month
- The pros: It has a yard that I share with two other apartments and we have a deck, plus I planted a garden! It’s also in a really good location in LA. And it’s super close to work (1.7 miles)! It also comes with a detached garage
- The cons: No washer/dryer on the premises (I really hate going to the laundromat). No dishwasher. Rents are going WAY up in this neighborhood. Sometimes I feel a little too close to my neighbors
I know what you’re thinking: “So if it’s $1,450, why do you consider it frugal?”
My answer is because most everything in it is either hand-me-downs, second-hand, or very inexpensive! You’ll see how I get creative with some things!